Upcycled or recycled unique gifts

We have all heard of Recycling and many have heard of Upcycling. For a while now I have been making but not showing these upcycled glass jewellery pendants. The Dichroic glass has sort of taken over, but I thought I should give you a little taster of these and give a bit of background as to where the glass comes from.
For starters here are a few pictures of the pendants that I have made using this type of glass.
 
Upcycled Glass Pendant

Upcycled Glass Pendant

Upcycled Glass Pendant








Upcycled Glass Pendant


Upcycled Glass Pendant

As you can see, the colours are very different to Dichroic glass. With very earthy colours and the shapes can vary tremendously.
This glass comes from a glass sink maker. When they have a mistake or breakage I buy the pieces, sometimes quite big pieces and fire them into pendants. The results are quite beautiful.
Because I am not sure what the COE is (the rate at which glass expands and contracts)  for this glass I do not mix with my normal glass as the fuse might not take. One thing I did not mention is, when they send a big piece. I have great delight in getting the big sledge hammer out and pulverising it into workable sizes. Of cause not forgetting my safety specs and gloves.
At the moment, as I am still trying to perfect my photographic skills. These have not been put onto my website but they will be in the next few days or so.
Thanks for reading and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my blog. Hope you come back soon. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...