Hand Made Dichroic Glass Stud Earrings

Hi All.
Like I said in previous blog posts, people asked about stud and drop earrings. Well I went away, experimented quite a bit more and came up with my idea of stylish and glitzy stud earrings. This started by cutting the glass into very small pieces and laying them on top of each other.



Then working out what firing temperature to do these at so the different glass types and thicknesses all come out the kiln at the same time.






Then I match the colours up to make pairs because they don't always come out as I thought because my old kiln has hot spots that I have to allow for, these hot spots can alter the colour outcome.

When cooled these are then glued to 925 solid silver earring post and attached with 925 solid silver butterfly backs and then presented in a glitzy fuchsia coloured box.


As you can see the finished stud earrings set in their own presentation boxes look stunning even though photographs don't do them justice.


If anyone is interested in the stud earrings at £5 per pair or any of my other jewellery creations then please contact me on steve_walter_smith@yahoo.co.uk


Thanks for reading and I will post again soon :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my blog. Hope you come back soon. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...